While the time between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day has popularly been celebrated as the "Holiday Season," with many parties and celebrations, it is also the most dangerous time of the year on America's roadways. The number of impaired drivers on the road increases dramatically. We must act to protect our friends and loved ones during this holiday season from the tragic consequences of driving while impaired.
This is how you can make a difference and potentially save a life:
- Always have a non-drinking designated driver when you go out
- Offer friends and family a place to stay after a holiday party if they have been drinking
- Educate loved ones on the dangers of driving under the influence
- Use ride services such as Uber and Lyft if impaired
- Protect your friends, "Friends don't let friends drive drunk!"
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident involving an impaired driver, schedule a free consultation with Akron, Ohio Attorney James J. Gutbrod today.
Learn more here.